Painaustralia is the national peak body, formed in 2011 to facilitate implementation of the National Pain Strategy.
Our network of consumer and health care organisations creates a strong alliance to work with policy makers, funders, healthcare providers and consumers to transform the way pain is understood and managed.
The National Pain Strategy provides a blueprint for the provision of best-practice assessment, treatment and management of acute, chronic and cancer-related pain.
The goals of the National Pain Strategy are:
- People in pain as a national health priority;
- Knowledgeable, empowered and supported consumers;
- Skilled professionals and best-practice evidence-based care;
- Access to interdisciplinary care at all levels;
- Quality improvement and evaluation; and
- Research to better understand and manage pain