Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

Get information from qualified health professionals on the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What can I do if I need to see a psychologist but can't afford it?

    I am employed casually. I suffer from debilitating generalised anxiety disorder and I need help but I can't afford it. I have a referral from my GP and a mental health plan, but the gap to see a psychologist is still over $100, which is a third of my wage. I am also studying and I am working as much as I possibly can. I am not eligible for Centrelink assistance (I have asked). I'm at the point where I feel like there is no hope or help available for me. If anyone could please give me details of more affordable psychologists in Newcastle, NSW I will be very grateful.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices