Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Breast augmentation for tuberous breasts

    Related Topic
    Hi guys, I have tuberous breasts and am at the beginning of my journey of finding a specialist plastic surgeon. Is there anyone out there that had tuberous breasts and had the surgery? Is there any specialists out there who Specialise in fixing this issue/deformity?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Dr Mahyar Amjadi

    Hand Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive & Cosmetic)

    I am a Sydney trained Specialist Plastic Surgeon. I completed my university degrees in Adelaide, and came to Sydney to pursue my career in plastic ... View Profile

    Hi Susan

    A Specialist Plastic Surgeon who performs breast surgery can correct this issue. I suggest you start by speaking to your GP and see a Plastic Surgeon in your area, and ask to see photos of their patients when you see them rather than on their website.

  • Advertisement
  • 1


    Dr Mark Edinburg

    Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive & Cosmetic)

    Reconstructive and Cosmetic Procedures- surgical and non-surgical. I have many years of experience and my passion is to combine my skills as a Specialist Plastic ... View Profile

    Hello Susan

    Thank you for your question.

    Tuberous breasts are a complicated problem, and this problem causes so much emotional trauma to my patients. It is technically and aesthetically challenging to operate on.

    Having said that, there are so many happy patients who achieve really satisfacory outcomes, changing ther lives.

    My recommendation is to see a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. You will need a referral from a GP. Medicare requires this when you are seeing a Specialist. You can request a particular Plastic Surgeon or obtain a recommendation from your GP.

    I wish you well in your journey.


You may also like these related questions

answer this question

You must be a Healthshare member to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices